Thursday, August 23, 2018

Changes to Legacy Republic

Crops Plus Friends,
The parent company of Legacy Republic, YesVideo, has decided to change their business model and will no longer be offering Studio album digitization or direct sales thru Legacy Republic after Sept. 7th.  I was very saddened to recently learn of this change as I've loved capturing your scrapbook albums!  Memory Makeover Kits & Keepsakes will continue to be offered directly thru Yes Video.  I'll let you know more about that as soon as I have those details.  

If you are an existing customer of mine with a Family Legacy account, your memories will be transitioned to Google Photos in the upcoming months.  This will be offered thru the partnership with Google that was announced last May.  This is very exciting for our customers as Google Photos gives users free, unlimited storage for photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution. The service automatically analyzes photos, identifying various visual features and subjects. Users can search for anything in photos, with the service returning results from three major categories: People, Places, and Things. Google Photos recognizes faces, grouping similar ones together; geographic landmarks; and subject matter, including birthdays, buildings, animals, food, and more.  I'm sure you will enjoy reliving & sharing your family memories thru Google Photos.

I will continue to be in touch with you as this transition occurs over the next few months.  Please feel free to call me at 703.403.6330 or e-mail me at rosalyn2@verizon.net or StudioWithRosalyn@gmail.com, if you have any questions.  I'll be at the September Crop as well.  Hope to see you there!
 
Rosalyn Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment